Pots de Crème: How to Make Easy Dark Chocolate Pots de Crème! by 30Seconds Food
9 months ago
Pots de crème is a French custard that dates back to the 17th century, and means "pot of cream." This easy dark chocolate pots de crème recipe only has four ingredients (we don't count the salt)!
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- dash salt
Here’s how to make it:
- In a sauce pot, whisk together the cream, yolks, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, whisking, until it gets bubbly and thick.
- Add the cream mixture to a blender along with the chopped chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into four ramekins. Pop in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream, grated chocolate, cocoa or fresh berries, if desired.