Classic Strawberry Shortcake Recipe: How to Make This Old-fashioned, No-Nonsense, Traditional Dessert by 30Seconds Food
Are you a strawberry shortcake purist? Here's how to make a super simple, classic strawberry shortcake. It just couldn't get any easier!
- strawberries, sliced
- non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream (here's a recipe for homemade whipped cream)
- store-bought mini sponge cakes, pound cake or angel food cake
Here's how you make it:
- Put the sliced strawberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with some sugar. Allow them to sit until they start to release a little liquid (this is optional).
- Put a mini sponge cake or piece of pound cake on a plate. Spoon some of the strawberries over the top.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream. Top with another mini sponge cake or piece of pound cake.
- Top with more strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.