Strawberry Jelly Recipe: If It's Homemade, It Has to Be Good by Donna John
We've all seen that commercial about the jelly that "has to be good." It is, but homemade jelly is just ... well ... better. Sorry, Smucker's. Here's an easy recipe for strawberry jelly to get you started!
- 3 pints strawberries, washed and hulled
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
Here’s how to make them:
- Put the strawberries and sugar in a large pot. Toss to coat and let it sit at room temperature for about 3 hours.
- Put the pot over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to cook until thickened and syrup-like, about 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon the preserves into sterilized jars.
- Process in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Makes six 8-ounce jars.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8-ounce Canning Jars $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.