An Easy Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Tart Recipe for Almond Joy Lovers by Donna John
"Sometimes you feel like a nut ... sometimes you don't." If you love the candy bars that go with this jingle, you'll go nuts over this rich, decadent dessert recipe.
The dark chocolate tart recipe is simple to make and is ready in about 30 minutes. Store the leftover tart in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 tart
- 5 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- sliced almonds, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, flour, salt, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well. Press the mixture into a tart pan you've sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Press into the bottom and up the sides. (Tip: Spray your hands with some nonstick cooking spray to prevent the crust from sticking to your hands.) Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- While the crust cools, pour the heavy whipping cream into a microwave-safe bowl (I used a glass Pyrex 4-cup measuring cup). Microwave for about 2 minutes or until very hot but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate chips to the heated cream. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour into the crust. Let the tart cool completely.
- Garnish with additional coconut and sliced almonds.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.