Asparagus, Pea Shoots & Bean Salad: A Healthy Recipe That Screams Spring by Donna John
Asparagus and pea shoots scream spring has sprung! Serve this easy recipe as a main dish salad or a side salad with a protein of your choice. If you want the vegan option, simply omit the cheese or add a vegan cheese.
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package pea shoots
- 1/4 cup almonds or cashews
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
Here's how you make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Add asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat until a little tender but still crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 minute more.
- Pour asparagus into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and all other ingredients, Gently toss to combine (be gentle so you don't mash beans or avocado). Taste and re-season with addition salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil, if needed. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Grow Your Own Pea Shoots $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.