Silky Chocolate Soufflé Recipe: An Easy Chocolate Soufflé Recipe Anyone Can Make by Donna John
Don’t let chocolate soufflé scare you – the French recipe is really pretty simple. If you've been thinking about trying to make one, Valentine's Day is fast approaching, so no more excuses!
The silky chocolate soufflé recipe is made with bittersweet or dark chocolate, half and half, water, cocoa powder, egg whites and granulated sugar. The whipped egg whites are folded into the batter to make it light and airy. Folding the egg whites in as gently as possible is the key to this dessert recipe, so take your time.
Try this easy chocolate soufflé recipe this week and pretty soon you will have mastered the soufflé. After you master it, try our cheese soufflé, bread pudding soufflé and spinach soufflé.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- butter, to coat ramekins
- granulated sugar, to coat ramekins
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- powdered sugar, for serving
Here's how you make it:
- Butter and then dust with sugar the insides of six ramekins.
- Pour the half and half into a heavy saucepan or double boiler over medium heat. Heat until just about to boil. Add the chocolate, remove from heat and stir until chocolate melts.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and water and bring to almost a boil, then turn off heat and set aside.
- Beat the eggs until foamy, about 1 minute. Slowly add the 1/2 cup sugar a little at a time and beat until soft peaks form.
- Very gently fold in about half of the egg whites into the chocolate.
- Add remaining egg whites and gently fold into chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins, leaving about 1/4 inch space at the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven about 15 minutes, or until the tops begin to turn light brown. Do not open the oven door during the baking period!
- Gently remove the soufflés from the oven and dust with powdered sugar.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Souffle Ramekins $10 & Up
Bittersweet Chocolate $6 & Up
Dark Chocolate $3 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.