Corn Casserole Recipes: This Southern Confetti Corn Casserole Recipe Is Creamy Goodness by Donna John
When corn and bacon meet cream cheese, magic happens. This easy confetti corn casserole recipe can easily be doubled for larger families.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 small bags frozen corn (about 4 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 - 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half and half
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper and green onions to the bacon drippings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, cream cheese and half-and-half. Cook until everything is melted and combined. Season with lots of black pepper and salt, to taste.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle the top with the bacon. You can also stir some of the bacon into the corn, if desired.
Note: I love red bell pepper, so sometimes I add the whole thing depending on how big it is. When I double this recipe, I do not double the amount of bacon.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.