Cheesy Zucchini Casserole Recipe: The Perfect Weekday Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Make this cheesy zucchini casserole recipe for your weekday family meal. It's the perfect side dish for chicken, beef, seafood, pork or lamb.
This easy zucchini recipe starts with a tube of refrigerated crescent roll dough. Line the bottom of a square baking pan with the dough and then make the filling. The filling is a savory combination of butter, onion, zucchini, eggs, dried Italian seasoning, dried mustard and shredded mozzarella cheese. Pour the filing over the dough and bake until the casserole begins to get golden brown on top.
Don't have or like zucchini? You can substitute yellow crookneck squash. Not a fan of mozzarella? Use your favorite cheese. Cheddar or gruyere would be great options. Get ready for the recipe requests for this vegetable dish!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 - 5 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard
- 1 bag (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Press the crescent roll dough into a square baking pan.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and zucchini and cook about 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour eggs into zucchini mixture along with cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into crust and bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until it begins to brown on top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Dried Mustard $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.