First Place Winner! Pear Cranberry Jam: A Favorite Throughout the Holiday Season! by Tiffany C
I made this for Thanksgiving and we're enjoying it all holiday season! We had it on toast, biscuits and on my pumpkin spice muffins.
- 4 pears (I used the comice pears from Stew Leonard's)
- 1 bag cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix the chopped pears, cranberries and sugar in a large, non-reactive pot. (I used my Le Crueset-type pot.) Stir to combine until the sugar has dissolved.
- When it seems the fruit has released some juice, put the pot over high heat and boil. When boiled, reduce the heat a little until you have low bubbles. Cook the jam, stirring once in a while, until it has reduced a great deal and begins to look thick and sticky.
- When the jam seems to be almost done, add the lemon zest and juice. When you've arrived at a texture you like, remove the jam from the heat and funnel into prepared jars. Wipe rims, apply lids and rings and process jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
This was enough to fill two regular ball jars and a smaller one.