Crunchy Smashed Potatoes Recipe: This Easy Potato Recipe Is Everything You Want in a Side Dish by Donna John
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- small Yukon Gold or red potatoes
- olive oil
- herbs (rosemary, thyme, herbs de provence, parsley, etc.)
Here's how to make them:
- Wash the potatoes and add them to a pot of boiling water. Cook until tender, about 12-15 minutes, depending on their size.
- Drizzle a cookie sheet with olive oil. Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving some room in between. With a round drinking glass, gently push each potato to smash it. Push gently! You want to smash them but still have the potato as one piece.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on your favorite herb(s). (My favorite is fresh chopped rosemary.)
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Be generous, this helps them crisp up.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until they get brown and crispy, about 15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.