Kid-friendly Sushi: How to Make Easy PB&J "Sushi" Rolls! by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
As a chef, I believe kids should be in the kitchen as young as 2 to 3 years old with supervision. This recipe for nut butter and preserves sushi rolls is a fun one to start them out on!
- 2 tablespoons creamy nut butter
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite preserves
- 2 slices (per person) sliced sandwich bread
Here’s how you make them:
- With a sharp knife remove the crust from the bread.
- Using a rolling pin, completely flatten the bread while carefully keeping the integrity of its shape.
- Spread the nut butter and preserves across the bread.
- Carefully roll each slice into a tiny little spiral.
- Cut into four evenly sized pieces.
Serve standing up to reveal the swirls of the PB&J.