How to Make Maple Bourbon Bacon (It's Hot, Sticky & Sweet)! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Ready for a grownup brunch or breakfast? This bacon just screams breakfast in bed!
- 1/4 cup good quality pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup good quality bourbon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 pounds skinless slab bacon, 3/4-inch thick slices
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, bourbon and orange zest. Place bacon strips into the marinade and toss until the bacon is evenly coated. Allow to rest a minimum of 20 minutes, up to one hour.
- Line two high-sided baking sheets with foil and place a cookie cooling rack on top of each sheet. Spray cookie cooling racks with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay bacon on the racks in a flat even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy in a preheated 350-degree F oven. Watch closely the last 5 minutes because the bacon will burn very quickly towards the end of the cooking process. Cool before serving.
I’d serve these sexy bits of heaven with a side of warm melted chocolate – but that’s just me.