5-Ingredient Pork Chops Recipe With Apples & Onions Is on the Table in 20 Minutes by Erica Kane
With apples and onions, this pork chop recipe is soon become a family favorite. Not only is this pork chop with apples and onions recipe ready in 20 minutes, but it cooks in one skillet. Just one pan to wash.
The pork chops are browned in the skillet. The skillet is deglazed with with white wine, then butter is added. The apples and onions cook in the wine and butter sauce until tender, then the pork chops are popped back into the pan to finish cooking. Perfection!
Serve the juicy pork chops for dinner with a heaping spoonful of the apples and onions on top. Mashed potatoes make a great side dish, or serve with rice or your favorite grain. Don't forget a fresh vegetable or salad!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- olive oil
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inches thick
- 3 small apples, sliced thin
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
Here's how you make it:
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear pork chops about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Immediately upon removing the chops, de-glaze the skillet with the dry white wine. Swirl in the butter. Once butter melts, add the onions and apples. Sprinkle with salt, to taste. Stir occasionally, cooking until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chops back to the pan on top of the onions and apples. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.