Tired of boring ol' meatloaf? This meatloaf recipe is packed with flavor and has a cheesy surprise inside!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 slices bread, made into bread crumbs (I grate with a cheese grater)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 cups cheese (Cheddar, Colby-Jack and Monterey Jack work well)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, mustard, salt, pepper (to taste) and a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Put the mixture onto a piece of wax paper or foil and pat into a square shape.
- Combine the cheese and parsley. Sprinkle it over the meat. Roll up the meat to form a log shape. Pat gently to form a meatloaf and enclose the ends.
- Place the meatloaf in a lightly oiled baking pan or loaf pan. Pour the barbecue sauce over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F about 1 hour, or until meat is cooked through. If it begins to get too brown during cooking, cover with foil.
- Allow to sit about 10 minutes before cutting.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.