How to Make a Frankenstein Cake (Don't Be Scared, It's Easy)! by Donna John
Frankenstein will be the hit of the party when he comes in the form of a fun cake! And it’s so easy to make – really!
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients to make it)
- 1 tub creamy white icing
- 1 recipe chocolate ganache, pourable version (homemade ganache recipe)
- green food coloring
- 1 large marshmallow or 2 white candy melts
- 1 tube chocolate cake decorating squeezable icing
Here’s how to make it:
- Bake cake according to package directions for a two-layer round cake. Cool completely.
- Color the tub of white frosting with green until you reach desired color.
- Frost the cooled cake with the green icing. (Save about 1/2 teaspoon for the nose.)
- Make ganache. Pour ganache over the top of the cake slowly, until it just begins to drip down the cake.
- Cut the marshmallow in half and stick to the cake for eyes, or use two candy melts.
- Using the chocolate cake decorating icing, draw on a mouth, pupils in the eyes and a few zigzags on the face.
- Using the reserved green icing, make a nose right under the eyes.
Easier variation: Use a tub of ready-made chocolate icing instead of the ganache. You can also use this for the mouth, pupils and zigzags.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.