3-Ingredient Sweet Glazed Carrots Recipe Kicks Carrots Up a Notch by Donna John
Kick your carrots up a notch with this easy glazed carrots recipe. The sugar helps the carrots caramelize, which adds depth of flavor to this family favorite.
Carrots are always a hit on Thanksgiving, so you can double the recipe for larger families. To add more flavor, you could add a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the carrots, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add just enough water to cover. Turn heat up to high, cover and cook about 5 minutes. (Do not add too much water or carrots will be mushy.)
- Uncover and continue to cook over medium-high heat until water evaporates, about 5 to 7 minutes. Continue to cook a few more minutes to allow carrots to caramelize and begin to slightly brown. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.