Creamy Wild Rice Soup Recipe: You Won't Be Able to Stop Eating It by Donna John
Sometimes you just need a bowl of savory soup for dinner, and this creamy wild rice soup recipe will warm you from the inside out. This delicious wild rice soup recipe has a surprise ingredient (bacon!) that adds a meaty flavor you will crave.
This creamy wild rice soup recipe is so hearty and filling, it's enough for a complete meal without adding additional meat. But if you prefer, you can add shredded, cooked chicken when the soup is almost ready and simply heat it through. I've never put chicken into this soup because in my opinion, it's perfect the way it is.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 soup cans of milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring water to a boil and add the wild rice. Simmer, covered, 50 to 60 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp in a Dutch oven. Remove bacon and crumble.
- To bacon grease, add the onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked rice and bacon, and simmer, covered, about 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Season with black pepper.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.