Make Decadent Salted Maple Caramel Sauce With This Easy Recipe! by Gigi Gaggero
This decadent salted maple caramel sauce makes a great gift – or keep it for yourself and drizzle on baked winter fruit, oatmeal or ice cream!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (at room temp)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add sugar and whisk until mixture is thick and boiling, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gradually whisk in cream in a steady, thin steam.
- Bring sauce back to a boil, whisking often, until reduced to 1 cup and it coats the back of a spoon, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in salt and maple syrup. Cool, cover and chill!