Ragù Alla Bolognese Recipe: This Easy Bolognese Sauce Recipe Is Italian Comfort Food at Its Finest by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Second's Resident Chef
Ragù Alla Bolognese is ultimate Italian comfort food over pasta or polenta. This easy Bolognese sauce recipe is packed with meaty flavor.
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 pound veal, ground
- 1/2 pound pork, ground
- 1/2 pound ground round
- 1/4 pound pancetta, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped fine
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for grating
Here’s how you make it:
- In a 6- to 8-quart, heavy-bottomed soup pot heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Cook pancetta until almost brown. Remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add onions, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook over medium heat until the veggies are translucent, but not browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add veal, pork and beef. Return pancetta to the pot. Stir until brown.
- Add tomato paste, broth and wine. Simmer over medium-low heat for 1 hour. Add cream.
- Heat to simmer and cook an additional 30 minutes until sauce is reduced and thickens. (Do not boil after addition of cream.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve tossed with pasta or topped on warm creamy polenta. Top with grated cheese and enjoy!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.