How to Make Simple Syrup (and Why You Need It in Your Life Right Now!) by Chef Gigi
Let's make simple syrup! Typically I use a 2 to 1 ratio (2 sugar, 1 water) to make my simple syrup.
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a pot.
- Bring mixture to a roaring boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for at least 10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
You can make a variation on flavors by adding vanilla bean pods or other various spices. Experiment! Just remember simple syrup has a horrible life span – foodborne microbs grow fast here! It should be used within the week and kept refrigerated.
What can you use it for?
- Added to fresh lemon juice with ice, it will make the best lemonade you've ever had.
- A must have in your home bar.
- Used in many ice cream and sorbet recipes.
- Great addition to a citrus salad vinaigrette.
- Wonderful infused with basil or other herbs and glazed on grilled vegetables, especially carrots.
- Great base for many delicious Asian marinades.
What are you waiting for?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.