Kentucky Cocktail Classics: How to Make a Refreshing Mint Julep! by Donna John
The mint julep is the official drink of the Kentucky Derby – and a favorite anywhere down south. Here's a simple recipe!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- mint leaves, for garnish
Here’s how to make them:
- Bring the sugar, water and mint leaves to a boil in a saucepan. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool the mixture and then pour it through a strainer.
- Fill mint julep cups or highball glasses with about 1/4 cup of the mint simple syrup.
- Add about 4 ounces of bourbon.
- Fill cup with ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mint Julep Cups $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.