Cheers to Cachaca: How to Make a Caipirinha Cocktail! by Donna John
The Caipirinha is the national cocktail of Brazil, and a must at any adult get-together! Similar to a mojito, this refreshing drink is made with cachaca (kah-SHAH-sa), a liquor made from sugarcane. Think of it as a mojito with an attitude. Traditionally in Brazil, Caipirinhas are made one at a time, so you may want to set up a station where guests can make their own. (Be sure to put out a copy of the recipe!)
- 1/2 a lime, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 ounces cachaca
Here's how to make them:
- In an Old Fashioned glass, muddle the lime and sugar together.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the cachaca. Stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Bamboo Muddler $25
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.