Pasta Hack: How to Prep a Week's Worth in Less Than 30 Minutes! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Pasta. Kids love it, but that big pot every few days is such a hassle! Cook enough pasta for the whole week at one time. Here’s how!
- Boil a gallon of water for each pound of pasta in a large pot. Add 1/2 tablespoon salt per gallon.
- Bring the water to a full boil over high heat. Add the pasta. Stir.
- Cook the pasta for 5 to 8 minutes after water returns to a boil. Pasta should still be firm to the bite. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Drain from water. Toss pasta with enough olive oil to lightly coat and keep the pasta starch from sticking.
- Portion control servings in airtight containers. Use one container for each pasta dish you have planned midweek. Store in the fridge.
Reheat the pasta, add toppings and dinner is ready!
Large pot has an encapsulated base that enhances even heat distribution. Great for cooking large amounts of pasta at once!
Cook even more pasta with this stainless steel 12-quart pot set!
Includes a 20-quart pot and four stainless steel insets. Heavy weight commercial grade. It allows you to cook four different pastas or vegetables at the same time!