Pasta Hack: How to Prep a Week's Worth in Less Than 30 Minutes by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Pasta. Kids love it, but that big pot every few days is such a hassle! Cook enough pasta for the whole week at one time. Here’s how!
- Boil a gallon of water for each pound of pasta in a large pot. Add 1/2 tablespoon salt per gallon.
- Bring the water to a full boil over high heat. Add the pasta. Stir.
- Cook the pasta for 5 to 8 minutes after water returns to a boil. Pasta should still be firm to the bite. DO NOT OVER COOK!
- Drain from water. Toss pasta with enough olive oil to lightly coat and keep the pasta starch from sticking.
- Portion control servings in airtight containers. Use one container for each pasta dish you have planned midweek. Store in the fridge.
Reheat the pasta, add toppings and dinner is ready!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.