8 Easy BBQ Hacks for Your July 4th Family Celebration! by Christine Jones
The 4th of July is almost here and it's a great time to celebrate with family and friends. I always like to BBQ something easy on the grill like hot dogs and hamburgers. It's fun to create a hot dog construction station putting out an assortment of toppings. Then use these easy 4th of July hacks for your sides and desserts to impress your guests and keep you out of the kitchen and enjoying the celebration.
- Red, White and Blue Napkins: Bandanas are cute and festive to use as napkins on the table and are easily found in the corner drugstore.
- Easy Patriotic Salad: Lay salad greens on a platter, sprinkle on sliced strawberries, blueberries, walnuts and feta or goat cheese. Serve with a raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette on the side.
- USA Chip 'n Dip: On a large platter fill one side with white corn tortilla chips and the other with blue corn chips. Serve with your favorite salsa.
- Star Spangled Pita: Use a cookie cutter and cut your pita into stars. Serve with your favorite dip (hummus, spinach, or tzatziki).
- July 4th Ocean Mocktails for Kids: As I have a 6-year-old, I always like to create a cute mocktail for the little ones. Mix a blue sports drink with lemonade and pour into plastic cups or mason jars. Top with a rubber duck that doubles as a party favor. (They can then play with them at the water table.)
- Sparkling Rice Krispies Treats: Dip store-bought mini Rice Krispies treats in red, white and blue sprinkles and put them on a lollipop stick (found in most craft stores). For festive ice cream sandwiches see tip below!
- Firecracker Fruit Skewers: This is a great healthy option and so easy! (See tip below!)
- Fruit Ice Cubes: As it's important to stay hydrated, fruit ice cubes served in sparkling water look as if they were made for the party! Find out how to make them below!
Have a great July 4th!