Easy Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Recipe Features Cheddar & Parmesan for Extra Flavor by Katie Lewis
Macaroni and cheese is a beloved family recipe, but it's not always the healthiest side dish option. That's why this cauliflower mac and cheese recipe is a game-changer. You can sneak some healthy cauliflower into this pasta dinner without sacrificing flavor, thanks to the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
We hear a version of this recipe was a favorite of Sasha and Malia Obama, too. After trying this easy, delicious dinner recipe, we think you'll know why. So good!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Here's how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions or until al dente. While pasta is cooking, steam the cauliflower until tender. Transfer to a blender and puree.
- Combine pasta and cauliflower puree, add the milk, both cheeses and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake 20 minutes in a preheated 350-degree F oven.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.