How Long to Cook a Turkey: Easy Roasting Guidelines to Make the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey by Donna John
Not sure how long to cook your Thanksgiving turkey? You're not alone! How to roast the perfect Thanksgiving turkey is an age-old question, and we've got the answers.
For compliment-worthy results, roast your turkey in a preheated 325-degree F oven on the lowest oven rack. But for how long? Follow these guidelines from the National Turkey Federation:
- 8 - 12 pounds – 2.75 to 3 hours (unstuffed), 3 to 3.5 hours (stuffed)
- 12 - 14 pounds – 3 to 3.75 hours (unstuffed), 3.5 to 4 (stuffed)
- 14 - 18 pounds – 3.75 to 4.25 hours (unstuffed), 4 to 4.25 hours (stuffed)
- 18 - 20 pounds – 4.25 to 4.5 hours (unstuffed), 4.25 to 4.75 (stuffed)
- 20 - 24 pounds – 4.25 to 4.5 hours (unstuffed), 4.25 to 4.75 (stuffed)
- 24 - 30 pounds – 5 to 5.25 hours (unstuffed), 5.25 to 6.25 (stuffed)
Happy Turkey Day, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Meat Thermometers $5 & Up
Roasting Pans $10 & Up
Turkey Oven Bags $4 & Up
Turkey Basters $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.