Turkey Cooking Tips: 5 Steps to Help You Roast the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey! by Donna John
Don’t let that turkey intimidate you this Thanksgiving! Here are five tips to roast it perfectly from the National Turkey Federation!
- Use a shallow roasting pan that’s at least 2 inches longer and wider than the turkey so oven air can flow completely around it.
- Chopped celery, onion and carrots stuffed in the cavity add flavor.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the bottom of the pan.
- Roast at 325 degrees F until a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F in the thigh and 170 degrees F in the breast.
- Allow turkey to rest for 20-25 minutes before carving!