Turkey Cooking Tips: 5 Steps to Help You Roast the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey by Donna John
Don’t let that turkey intimidate you this Thanksgiving. Here are five tips to roast it perfectly from the National Turkey Federation:
- Use a shallow roasting pan that’s at least 2 inches longer and wider than the turkey so oven air can flow completely around it.
- Chopped celery, onion and carrots stuffed in the cavity add flavor.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the bottom of the pan.
- Roast at 325 degrees F until a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F in the thigh and 170 degrees F in the breast.
- Allow turkey to rest for 20 to 25 minutes before carving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.