Weekend Grilling: How to Grill Pineapple & 5 Yummy Ways to Eat It! by Donna John
Cooking and grilling outside is a way of life around my house, all year round. My latest obsession? Grilling fresh pineapple! After spending too much time peeling a fresh pineapple recently, I wasn’t very happy when it turned out to be not so sweet. I’d heard that grilling can bring out the sweetness, so I threw it on the grill. Success! The pineapple was sweet and delicious, and found a home on our chicken burgers that night. Here's how:
- Peel and core the pineapple.
- Cut it into rings.
- Heat your grill to about medium.
- Place rings directly on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, checking often so they don't burn.
Here are some ways to use grilled pineapple:
- Dice it up and mix with chopped tomato, onion and cilantro for a healthy salsa.
- Top beef, chicken or turkey burgers with a ring or two.
- Cube your pineapple and make kebabs with chicken or beef and your favorite vegetables.
- Top hot grilled pineapple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Skewer cubes of pineapple and then grill for a kid-friendly snack.
Not a big pineapple fan? Try peaches, mango, nectarines, grapefruit, bananas and even avocado!
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.