Healthy Skin: Expert Skin-Care Tips From Vaseline to Glow All Season Long by 30Seconds Beauty
Summertime is all about enjoying beautiful weather and showing off some skin, but it’s also essential to protect the skin’s barrier at all stages in life. Vaseline Dermatologist Partner Dr. Fran Cook-Bolden shares some key skin-care and beauty tips to ensure you're looking your best, while maintaining healthy and luminous skin.
- Clog-free Pores: Makeup and other debris from the day can build up and clog pores, and excessive sebum (our natural oil) may fill the pores and build up and worsen acne for those who are prone. Washing the face morning and night is very important. It provides a form of gentle exfoliation to remove dead skin cells that may naturally build up. A gentle cleansing can exfoliate these cells. Always follow up with a light moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Vitamin Rich Foods: Try snacking on mandarins, tangerines and oranges – they are rich in vitamin C, which remains a key antioxidant to tackle those free oxygen radicals that wreak havoc on the skin and body. If you’re looking to improve the quality of your skin, eat foods high in omega-3 such as salmon, nut butters and flaxseed oil.
- Nourish Your Skin’s Barrier: Maintaining a healthy and hydrated skin barrier is important all year round. Sun exposure can leave the skin dehydrated, feeling sensitive and even inflamed, and often causes uneven skin tone in skin of color as it stimulates the skin’s cells to produce more melanin. Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion, with its 100-percent pure cocoa butter and micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly, can soothe and hydrate the skin while repeated sunscreen use and sun protection measures reduce the risk of a sunburn and future development of skin cancers.
- Minimize Your Time in the Sun Overall: Limit sun exposure between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. when the sun is at its greatest intensity. Cover sensitive areas and wear specific sun protective clothing for those who are most sensitive.
- Pro Practices for Hair Removal: Be mindful of the lifespan of your razor blades! Dull or bacteria-ridden blades can lead to patches of tiny, flat red spots. To prevent this, don't keep your razor in the shower – the heat and humidity accelerates rusting and bacterial growth. Remember to throw out the blade after about five shaves!
- Women of Color: Don't fall for the "melanin myth." Did you know most persons with skin of color have an average "inherent" SPF of 13.4? This is close to the past recommended SPF for everyone of 15, but current recommendations are at least an SPF of 30. Skin of color is very reactive to sun and can produce unwanted and uneven pigmentation. The use of sunscreen is the first, and one of the most important, steps in addressing uneven pigmentation all year round and especially in the summer.
Learn more about Vaseline products!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly $3 & Up
Vaseline Lip Therapy $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.