Preparing for Summer Hair: 5 Doctor Recommended Healthy Hair Tips for Beautiful Locks by Donna John
As summer approaches, it’s important to put your best hair forward with healthy and gorgeous locks that are sure to impress. Hair restoration expert Dr. Baiju Gohil, a board-certified surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons dedicated to hair restoration and hair loss treatment, breaks down some easy ways to get enviable hair this season.
- Vitamins: Vitamins A, C and E can play a vital role when it comes to having beautiful and healthy hair. Adding biotin, zinc, magnesium and niacin can also have significant benefits.
- Eat Right: Eating the right foods can provide essential nutrients for your scalp and hair follicles. Foods high in protein and iron are extremely important, as well as enriched foods containing omega-3. It's also important to be careful of those crash diets that can void your body of these vitamin enriched foods and proteins.
- Hair Care: External hair care is vital if you want healthy hair. Weekly deep conditioning is crucial for maintenance and limiting the use of heat (curling irons, hair dryers, flat irons) will minimize damage to your hair. Finally, applying essential oils two to three times a week and limiting hair washing to every two to three days can also be beneficial.
- Massages: Massaging the scalp as often as possible is also very helpful in promoting healthy hair. This increases the blood flow to the follicles, helping to provide important nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles.
- Therapy: If someone is suffering from hair loss, there are three FDA cleared and approved therapies that can help to slow down and possibly stabilize that process in both men and some women, depending on the underlying cause. Low-level laser therapy, finasteride (Propecia/men only) and topical minoxidil (Rogaine - 5 percent for men and 2 percent for women) may all be helpful depending on your situation.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.