Hot Tips for Summer Hair From Exsalonce Salon Owner & Entrepreneur Tony Odisho by Belinda Lichty Clarke
Tony Odisho, owner of the Chicago-based salon and spa Exsalonce, is famous for his high-quality line of hair extensions and styling products. Having trained first in Rome and then worked with L'Oreal Professional, he knows how hair works in various climates.
Odisho shared his top tips for summer hair care. (Hint: Dry hair is not just a winter-weather problem as sun exposure, chlorine and even salt water can wreak havoc on those sun-kissed strands.)
- Heat Style Less Often: "We know how hard it can be to put down the blow dryer and curling iron, but this is important. If you can even just go a few days with your natural hair texture, it will do your hair a lot of good. If you really can’t stand how your hair looks, try some heat-less hairstyles like braids or buns. The benefits to lessening heat styling are immeasurable!"
- Use a Heat Protectant: "If you absolutely must heat style your hair, be sure to use an effective heat protectant. We recommend 3-in-1 Mist because it packs so many benefits into one bottle. Not only does it protect against heat, it also protects against UV rays and has de-tangling properties! It’s a must for your next beach day."
- Brush Regularly: "Brushing out your hair often helps distribute healthy oils from your scalp so they can moisturize your hair naturally. Be wary if you have naturally curly hair, however. If you have straight or wavy hair, this step is essential. We recommend brushing with a boar bristle paddle brush at least twice a day, especially if you have hair extensions."
- Deep Condition Semi-Regularly: "Deep conditioning is an easy way to re-hydrate your hair quickly. However, you should make sure to check the ingredients and only use products that are free of sulfates and parabens. Sulfates and parabens actually dry out your hair and can even compromise your color! Luckily, my Hydrate Masque (formerly known as Intense Conditioner) is free of those harmful ingredients."
- Drink More Water: "This may seem like an odd inclusion on a list of hair tips, but it’s actually very important. If your body is hydrated, it’s easier to keep your hair hydrated. It’s really as simple as that. If you’re spending a long day out in the hot sun, be sure to fill your water bottle (or bottles) ahead of time!"
- Apply A Serum Smooth: "Serum is made with a super lightweight formula that moisturizes dried out hair without weighing it down like other hair serums. Apply it to damp hair after a shower or to dry hair as needed. It smells and feels fantastic so you’re practically guaranteed to get hooked and use it year round!"
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Heat Hair Protectants $5 & Up
Boar Bristle Paddle Brushes $6 & Up
Deep Conditioners $3 & Up
Reusable Water Bottles $6 & Up
Smoothing Serums $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.