Save Money on Travel: 7 Reasons to Try Airbnb on Your Next Family Vacation! by Sheri B Doyle
Airbnb is a great way to travel internationally with your family. You can save money and they offer housing in great locations. I use Airbnb for most of our international travel. Here’s why:
- The price of an Airbnb is usually much lower than hotel rooms when traveling alone or with family.
- It is easy to cook some meals at the apartment or house and save money by not going out for every meal.
- Book an Airbnb with a washer so you are able to clean clothes while traveling.
- With an apartment or home you have more room for your family. Many of them have portable cribs, highchairs and extra twin beds on request.
- You can stay right in the middle of cities where the hotels would be very expensive.
- Outside of the U.S. most of the hosts will meet you in person, give you great tips on where to go, eat and shop. Many will help with making touring reservations and offer transportation to and from the airport.
- Staying in the neighborhoods allows you to experience more of the culture and the people than when staying in a hotel.
Have you used Airbnb? If so, tell us about it!