California Highway 1 Discovery Route: How to Visit Spain, Europe & South America Without a Passport! by 30Seconds Travel
It's not the coast of Spain, although the coastal landscape of Cambria is just as breathtaking with whales just off shore, and where horses roam the hills. It's not a small European village surrounded by castles, although the quaint town of Cambria has the same historic feel, and Hearst Castle is just up the road. You don't have to travel to South Americato experience a thriving Elephant Seal rookery or incredible coastal wines. You just need to travel to Cambria along the California Highway 1 Discovery Route to check these items off your bucket list without boarding a plane.
Named one of the most beautiful towns in America by Forbes Magazine, Cambria is a pine-studded coastal hideaway that attracts those seeking rest, recreation and renewal. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy beach-front hiking, surfing, fishing, and cycling, in particular, while food and wine connoisseurs enjoy the area's many restaurants that benefit from the ideal year-round temperate conditions for growing produce, grains, cane berries and vines, and raising livestock. Shoppers enjoy hunting treasures among world-class antique stores and privately-owned boutiques in the heart of town along quaint Main Street, while romantics indulge in the cozy cafes, candlelit dinners, comfortable accommodations, spas and sunset walks that make Cambria so memorable.
- Moonstone Beach – Famous for its dramatic coastline and breathtaking views, the Moonstone Beach Boardwalk is where your Cambria seaside escape begins.
- Fiscalini Ranch Preserve – Follow the Chumash and Salinian Native American tribes living along this breathtaking stretch of seaside bluff.
- Covell's California Clydesdales –Experience almost 2,000 acres of pristine Monterey Pine forest and rolling pastures with an exquisite view of the ocean and over 100 head of Clydesdale horses.
- Elephant Seals - Twice a year, thousands of elephant seals migrate hundreds of miles of ocean to this land-based rookery, where the seals breed, give birth, molt and rest between trips.
- Historic Main Street – Stroll this vibrant, artsy cottage town for unique gifts, specialty goods, wine, craft beer and culinary choices.
- Hearst Castle Majestic Tours – Tour the 250,000 acre rocky perch called "La Cuesta Encantada" – The Enchanted Hill.
- Pacific Coast Wine Trail – Savor award winning wines from 11 coastal wineries.
- Whale Trail - Along the Whale Trail in Cambria, you'll view one of our nation's most spectacular marine protected areas.
- Visit Cambria App - Download the new Visit Cambria app to create and customize your vacation itinerary.