Greater Williamsburg: 6 Things You've Gotta Do in Williamsburg, Virginia! by 30Seconds Travel
Summer in the Greater Williamsburg area is for getting out and about, exploring and discovering – and having fun. The famously historic playground offers concerts, festivals, canoe trips, tastings, exhibits, bike tours, fireworks, guided hikes and more to keep you busy during those long summer days. The fun doesn’t stop all summer long in Greater Williamsburg! Start planning your visit with these highlights from this 28 vacation-inspiring ideas. With so much to do, there's no excuse for the summertime blues.
- Splish-splash your way through summer at Water Country USA, Virginia’s largest water park. The whole family will enjoy the state-of-the-art water rides, such as the Colossal Curl, a high-adrenaline water slide; the Hubba Hubba Highway, a free-floating river ride; the Surfer’s Bay wave pool; and so much more.
- Grab a paddle and enjoy the sun's last rays reflecting off the water with a guided sunset canoe trip at York River State Park starting at 4:30 p.m. on Sundays through August 27, except June 18.
- Meet your need for mead at the Silver Hand Meadery in Williamsburg for tastings of all six flavors of the ancient drink made from honey. The sipping starts each Sunday at 1 p.m. and continues until 5 p.m.
- Take advantage of free admission to all national parks, including the Yorktown Battlefield, on August 25. Experience where American independence was won. Here on October 19, 1781, British forces under Lord Charles Cornwallis surrendered to the combined American and French armies led by General George Washington, concluding the battle that signaled the beginning of the end of the fight for American independence.
- Here's a different kind of brunch: Every Sunday through November 19, join other cyclists at 8:30 a.m. at The Williamsburg Winery for a group ride through the Greater Williamsburg area and a return for brunch specials at the Gabriel Archer Tavern. Participants earn a 15 percent discount for eats following the ride.
- Two centuries of Oktoberfest traditions come to life with Bier Fest at Busch Gardens and the good news is it happens in September. On Saturdays and Sundays from September 1 to 17, enjoy craft beers from around the world, sample traditional German food and listen to live music.
Ready to book your stay? Visit VisitWilliamsburg.com!