Breastfeeding Immediately After Childbirth: 8 Benefits for Mom & Baby! by Christy Garrett
Breastfeeding immediately after your baby is born offers many benefits! Here are just a few:
- Creates contractions to help deliver the placenta.
- Helps your uterus contract, keeping bleeding to a minimum.
- Releases the hormone oxytocin, responsible for helping Mom and Baby bond.
- Releases tension from labor and delivery when Baby is sucking on the breast.
- Increases your chances of breastfeeding longer and increases your rate of success.
- Helps stimulate your body to start producing breast milk.
- Colostrum acts as a laxative and helps Baby pass the meconium.
- Regulates Baby's body temperature.
Did you breastfeed?
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.