20 Top Pregnancy Hacks to Make Mom-to-Be's Life a Little Easier by 30Seconds Pregnancy
Who doesn't love a good hack? We scoured the web and talked to moms who have been there, done that, and put together this list of pregnancy hacks for all you moms-to-be. Let us know if they helped and share your own pregnancy hacks below!
- Bra Too Tight: Buy bra-back extenders to make your own bra fit better. Saves you money!
- Swollen Feet: Soak them in tonic water. Supposedly, the quinine reduces swelling and the bubbles just feel good.
- Nausea Relief: Freeze your favorite electrolyte solution (aka Gatorade, Pedialyte, etc.) in ice pop molds or ice trays to make DIY nausea pops. Suck on them throughout the day to relieve nausea and the queasies.
- Get Comfortable for Sleep: Buy a small inner tube, blow it up and stick your belly through the center.
- Cramp Relief: Eat a banana and follow with a glass of electrolyte water.
- Sore Muscles: Try prenatal yoga.
- Pack a Pregnancy Emergency Kit: Fill a small toiletry bag or even a plastic bag with antacids, snacks, essential oils, a travel-size bottle filled with water to mist your face … anything that you may need during your day. Keep it in your purse.
- Combating Queasies: Eat a piece of crystallized ginger.
- Heartburn Help: If antacids aren't working, try drinking a little apple cider vinegar.
- Out of Reach: Keep a pair of tongs handy to grab hard-to-reach items. Works great in the shower, too.
- Relationship Rescue: Have a code word for your partner that you'll say when those pregnancy hormones bring on the moodiness. All must be forgiven.
- Hydration Help: Tired of drinking all that water? You can hydrate by eating foods with a high-water content. Here’s a list of foods that hydrate.
- Itchy Skin Relief: Oils you have in the kitchen can help. Try olive oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil.
- Getting Out of Bed: Silk sheets instead of cotton will help you slide out of bed easier as your belly grows.
- Puke Kit: Sometimes it’ll happen in the worst place. Pack a bag with hard candies, wet wipes, a toothbrush and a travel size of mouthwash.
Target sells pregnancy bands so you dont have to button them... life saver #pregnancyhack
— Queen Muvah 💙 (@_ntcm) November 25, 2017
Lavender oil did the trick last night. Slept through the entire night (excluding one loo break). First time in MONTHS. #pregnancyhack
— Tilly Button (@Tilly_Button) October 25, 2017
— gwen jorgensen (@gwenjorgensen) March 24, 2017
— Vanna Marie♡ (@Vannaofficial) February 15, 2016
Pregnancy hack for heartburn, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda mixed w water no more heartburn! Works miracles & better than tums! #pregnancyhack
— Dreama LaRee (@DreamaLaRee) January 17, 2015
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.