Too Much TV? 5 Reasons to Be Your Kid's Role Model & Turn It Off! by Mei Marcie
3 years ago
Children are increasingly exposed to more hours of TV and technology. I believe parents, as role models, should limit such exposure. Here are some reasons:
- TV should not be used as a babysitter.
- TV should not be on during meals.
- Studies have linked too much TV to concentration and learning issues in kids.
- More sitting means less active time, a contributing factor to childhood obesity.
- Attention spans are shorter for TV and iPad, with quick image flashes that are not natural.
It's important to focus on quality family activities!