Sports Shoulder & Elbow Injuries in Kids: 7 Ways to Help Prevent Them in Baseball Pitchers! by Dr. Hannah Chow-Johnson
3 years ago
Baseball pitchers tend to have more shoulder and elbow injuries than other players due to overuse. Here are some tips to keep your little pitcher healthy!
- To ensure a child is able to pitch in the future, keep an eye on pitch count.
- Make sure pitchers learn proper techniques.
- Anyone younger than 14 shouldn't throw curve balls.
- Sliders shouldn't be thrown until age 16.
- Parents and coaches should pay attention to pain.
- Elbow and shoulder injuries can be extremely dangerous because they may impact the growth plate.
- If a child is throwing erratically or says he or she is in pain, take him or her out of the game and get it checked by a physician or trainer.
Now, batter up!