How to Prepare for a First Date: 5 Ways to Ease First-Date Jitters by 30Seconds Mom
Everybody is looking for that perfect person to spend the rest of their life with, but before growing old together comes many stages in a relationship – the first being a dreaded first date. Preparing for a first date can be stressful! Here are some tips from Maria Sullivan, dating expert and vice president of Dating.com, to help ease those jitters:
- Hit the gym before your date. Instead of letting all of your nervous energy bottle up, hit the gym and let it all out. This tactic helps to get rid of those first-date jitters not only because it will help you relax, but it will also get your endorphins flowing creating a sense of confidence and happiness.
- Have a glass of wine. Having one glass of wine will help your body relax a little before your date and put your mind at ease. However, it is not a good idea to show up to a date drunk, so just try to stick to one glass for now.
- Put your date in the friend zone for the night. Telling yourself that you are just meeting up with a friend is a lot less nerve-wrecking than meeting a potential romantic interest for the first time. By friend zoning your date for the first date, it will help to reduce your anxiety and lower your fear of rejection.
- Listen to your favorite upbeat music. Keeping yourself distracted before a date is a good way to help first-date jitters because you won’t be overthinking everything that can go wrong. The best way to keep yourself distracted is to blast your favorite music. You will be too busy singing and dancing to overthink the night.
- Just breathe. When in doubt, breathe it out. If you can’t seem to get rid of your jitters, find a comfortable place to sit and breathe. Taking multiple deep breaths will help to relax your body and ease your mind. Breathe in calm, happy thoughts, and breathe out any tension and worry.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Funny Wine Glass $15
121 First Dates: How to Succeed at Online Dating, Fall in Love and Live Happily Ever After (Really!) $11
First Date $10
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.