Being a Parent Is Hard: 6 Things to Do When You Feel Like Parenting Is the Hardest Job in the World by Roma Khetarpal
The job of parenting is never as hard as the worry that comes with parenting. Don’t lose precious time with your kids by worrying so much. Here are six things that may help, Mom and Dad:
- Do the best job you can do. Children will learn best by example. We are all the products of our environment. Focus on providing them a good, healthy, nurturing environment as best as you can.
- Mis-takes are takes that are missed. Mistakes are made to learn from. Keep the big question, “What can be learned from this?” right by any mistake that they or you make.
- When worry strikes you, let go and flow. Know that, just like you made it this far, they will, too. We tend to rob ourselves of being present by allowing our brains to overthink into the future. Allow the future to arrive at its own pace, unfurling its secrets when it will.
- Treasure this gift of life and this role of parenting and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! As Neil Postman said, “Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.” They are our messengers of love.
- Laugh out loud with them. Laughter magically pops suppressed emotions, yours and theirs.
- Tell kids you love them. Every day! There is no stronger affirmation than “I love you,” especially when you’re mad at them. Love heals!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.