New Experiences: 5 Activities That Encourage Friendship, Family & Community by Marge Jesberger
Many of us are creatures of habit, but we can change it up by adding some new experiences to our days and weeks. Here are some possibilities that will bring you closer to family, friends and community:
- Show Off Your Family's Heritage: Fly a flag or banner that signifies your special ethnic or generational group. Learn more about your family's country of origin.
- Sign Up As an Alternate for a Local Sports Team: You will meet new people and won't have to commit to being there every week. I did this for a bowling team when someone was ill or on vacation. The team was happy they didn't have to forfeit a game because of a missing member.
- Pass Down a Silly Trophy or Certificate: A few ideas are "Biggest Fish Caught," "Greatest Garden" or "Best Family Recipe." The winner will get bragging rights for a year.
- Remind Yourself to Laugh Every Day: Clip cartoons from your newspaper or make computer printouts. Put them on mirrors or your car dashboard to remember to laugh out loud.
- Been There, Done That: Make a list of things you've accomplished over the years. Did you organize a bake sale? Raise a family? Sing in a choir? Coach a baseball team? Now look back at your wonderful life so far.
How do you bring your family, friends and community closer together? Share below!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.