Ladies Night Just Got Classy With This Thrift Shop Challenge for Your Tribe by Tiffany Zook
5 years ago
Add to collection
Thrift store shopping is one of my passions. It’s like digging for buried treasure, plus I’ve never needed to resuscitate my pocketbook like after a day at the mall. I have found major deals at thrift shops over the years. If you and your tribe are looking for a good laugh, try this ladies night:
- Set a date for a girl’s night out. Classy restaurant, bowling, concert, movies.
- Everyone attending throws their name and size into a hat. (Top: small, jeans: size 8, dress: medium, keep it simple.) Draw names and keep it a secret.
- During the week, you must shop for your friend at a local thrift shop – Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.
- Go wild or keep it casual – ‘70s, Lady Gaga, mother-of-the-bride, nautical, you’re the designer. Add some accessories for that finished look.
- The big reveal. Pick a house to meet at for a quick appetizer, play dress up and then hit the town. Before you leave, each person must guess who their secret shopper was!
- Here’s the rub! You and your friends can’t tell anyone why you are dressed that way! Zip your lip. Enjoy the attention – and own it!
You may walk away from the evening with a new style ... or a new "frenemy."