The Secret to a Successful School Year? Routines! Don't Believe Me? Try This! by Kim Kusiciel
Getting back into the school routine can be tough. Here are a few ways to make a successful transition to a new school year for pre-K kids and beyond!
The night before:
- Set out clothes for the next day.
- Get extras sorted (homework, permission slips, lunch money, etc.).
- Prep lunch (keep cold items in fridge until the morning).
- Put stuff by your exit door (shoes, backpack, water bottle, jackets, etc.).
The morning of:
- Use a timer clock! Use Expo markers to write on a clock's plastic cover by coloring when it's time to eat, time to get ready, time to leave. Make it your own with other times you need to include.
- State what each kid needs and then have them sound off. For example, "I need my backpack, water bottle, lunch and a hug from my mom/dad." (OK, that last one was for us!) By stating it and doing this every day, they'll get in a good habit and always be prepared. Add other tasks as they get older like, "I need my homework" or "I need my keys."
- Keep breakfast simple! Have quick breakfasts ready to go. Make breakfast egg cups ahead of time or pancakes. Use a protein-packed mix to make muffins that offer a double dose of healthy nutrients. We love Kodiak Cakes!
You and your little one will be off to an A+ start!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: