Summer Learning Loss: How to Turn Everyday Moments Into Learning Activities for Kids by Julia Davis
With my twins entering first grade, I’ve been bombarded with facts on summer learning loss. Luckily, I know that summer learning doesn’t have to be hard when turning everyday moments into learning activities. Here are some of my favorite activities this summer:
- Encourage your children to make their own art projects from sticks, leaves and flowers they find outside.
- Set up a weekly budget before heading to the farmer’s market. Let the kids be in control!
- Practice division while chopping vegetables for dinner.
- Set up an outdoor obstacle course to discover how exercise affects your heart rate.
- Try summer learning-specific workbooks and learning games.
Keep it fun! The most effective summer learning happens when kids don’t feel bogged down by hours-long assignments and can still enjoy their summer.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Learning Games for Kids $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.