How to Make Your Own DIY Squirt Chalk: Colorful & Fun Kids' Activity! by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
4 years ago
Kids love sidewalk chalk, so kick it up a notch and make your own squirt chalk! You’ll need:
- baking soda
- food coloring
- squirt bottles (you can purchase or recycle)
How to make it:
- If recycling, remove label from bottle (dish soap or ketchup/mustard bottles work well) and clean thoroughly.
- Fill empty squirt bottle with about 4 tablespoons cornstarch and 4 tablespoons baking soda.
- Fill the bottle about 3/4 full with water and shake mixture to blend.
- Add drops of food coloring until you reach desired color (red, yellow, green and blue work well, but you can experiment with blending).
- Use a wooden spoon handle to stir chalk, then place the cap on and shake bottle thoroughly to mix.
- Let kids get creative and squirt their bottles on poster board (if using inside) or sidewalks (if using outside)!