Hangover Cures: 5 Hangover Hacks You Need in Your Life Right Now! by Donna John
Super Bowl® means parties and celebrating – and possibly hangovers. Dr. Romy Block and Dr. Arielle Levitan, authors of "The Vitamin Solution" and co-founders of Vous Vitamin, are here to offer some tips to help avoid and treat the dreaded hangover!
- Drink Water, and Lots of It – Since alcohol dehydrates the body, begin and end your night on the town with plenty of water. If you’re out for several hours, alternate between alcoholic beverages and water.
- Eat – Be sure to eat before or while drinking because drinking on an empty stomach significantly increases your rate of intoxication.
- Caffeinate – Studies have shown that caffeine may help relieve a hangover-induced headache. Makes sense – the stimulant is often found in OTC headache medications. However, Drs. Block and Levitan do not recommend drinking beverages that combine caffeine and alcohol, as these drinks are generally not safe. Save your caffeine for the morning after.
- Replace Electrolytes – Combat the diuretic effect of alcohol by replacing electrolytes with a sports drink or a supplement, like Vous Vitamin Recovery Act.
- Sleep – While alcohol may help people fall asleep faster, it has been shown to disrupt sleep patterns and results in a night of poor quality sleep. After too many cocktails, try to rest and recuperate with time.
Always drink responsibly and designate a driver!
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.