Football Hangover Day: 5 Hangover Hacks You Need in Your Life Right Now by Donna John
Super Bowl® means parties and celebrating – and possibly hangovers. Dr. Romy Block and Dr. Arielle Levitan, authors of The Vitamin Solution, are here to offer some tips to help avoid and treat the dreaded hangover:
- Drink Water, and Lots of It – Since alcohol dehydrates the body, begin and end your night on the town with plenty of water. If you’re out for several hours, alternate between alcoholic beverages and water.
- Eat – Be sure to eat before or while drinking because drinking on an empty stomach significantly increases your rate of intoxication.
- Caffeinate – Studies have shown that caffeine may help relieve a hangover-induced headache. Makes sense – the stimulant is often found in OTC headache medications. However, Drs. Block and Levitan do not recommend drinking beverages that combine caffeine and alcohol, as these drinks are generally not safe. Save your caffeine for the morning after.
- Replace Electrolytes – Combat the diuretic effect of alcohol by replacing electrolytes with a sports drink.
- Sleep – While alcohol may help people fall asleep faster, it has been shown to disrupt sleep patterns and results in a night of poor quality sleep. After too many cocktails, try to rest and recuperate with time.
Always drink responsibly and designate a driver!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links. The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Super Bowl Shirts $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.