Difficulty With Discipline: 5 Ways to Discipline Kids That Work! by Mei Marcie
3 years ago
Sometimes it's difficult to discipline – and not everything works. Here are five techniques that did work for me!
- Timeout: Should be kept short and the child should not be allowed to play during the timeout. Apart from being told what not to do, the desired behavior should be communicated.
- Consistency: Rules enforced consistently will avoid confusion and testing of limits.
- Consequences: Kids should be allowed to bear the natural and logical consequence of misbehavior.
- Praise/Reward: Positive reinforcement works better than saying “no.”
- Parent modeling: Actions speak louder than words!
Whatever technique you decide on, be consistent!