Should Your Baby Boy Be Circumcised? 7 Pros & Cons to Know! by Mei Marcie
Circumcision – removal of the foreskin from the penis – is a decision to be made early, as it's best performed within 48 hours of birth. There is no routine circumcision, thus parents need to weigh the pros and cons.
- reduced likelihood of urinary tract infection
- reduced risk of penile cancer
- sexually transmitted disease risk reduced
- penis is easier to clean
- not a medical necessity
- risk of too much/too little foreskin being removed
- possible infection at the opening of the penis
Proper care and hygiene is required for your son's penis. Talk to your doctor and discuss risks and pain relief methods for circumcision before deciding. Read more about the pros and cons of circumcision via Healthline here.