Enterovirus 68 Virus: 7 Ways to Help Prevent Spreading It! by Dr. Bridget Boyd
Cases of enterovirus 68, a virus similar to the common cold, are up. How can you help prevent it?
- The best way to fight enterovirus 68 is with good hand-washing hygiene.
- Don't touch your face without washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Teach kids to cough and sneeze in their flexed elbow rather than their hands.
- Wash commonly touched areas of the house, such as doorknobs and sinks.
- Cell phones need to be cleaned often.
- Keep kids home from school if they have a fever or severe cough.
- There is no vaccine for enterovirus, but flu season is around the corner, so remember to get your flu shots!